The toys can sometimes collect grime and dirt whilst playtime, so we definitely would love to share with you 2 ways in cleaning them out!
1. Pop Them In The Washing Machine!
- If you want to clean your dog’s soft, plushie toys, throw them in the washing machine. Not only will a cycle through the washing machine get rid of any dirt or grime on your dog’s toys, but it will also remove any dust mites that might be hiding in the plush.
- Sprinkle each toy with a bit of baking soda and put them into the washing machine. Skip the detergent and add a tablespoon or two of white vinegar during the rinse cycle.
- Once the toys are nice and clean, squeeze any excess water from each toy. Let the toy air dry before giving back to your pup.
2. Soak them in the tub, sink, or a bucket!
- If you don’t have access to a dishwasher or washing machine, soaking your dog toys in a solution that’s equal parts white vinegar and water can be just as effective. Fill a bucket or sink with the vinegar/water solution. Sprinkle a bit of bathing soda on each toy and let it soak in the solution. After it’s done soaking, squeeze out any excess water and let air dry.
If you have a Super Chewer toy, check out this article: How do I clean my Super Chewer toys?